Thursday, February 5, 2009

Olive Garden Spagetti Dinner For $3.95 Feeds 4

I should have called this Blog "Restaurant Girl" since I LOVE eating out, but that's already taken:( My father owned a Chinese restaurant in Washington D.C. he was the cook and my mother was the waitress). I remember eating all our meals there, I thought everyone did that. I guess that's why I love restaurants so much it feels like home.

This is my best "economic eating" secrets for eating out Shh... I love The Olive Garden's spagetti with meat sauce.

I order 1 pint of meat sauce with NO NOODLES... take-out which costs only $3.95. (Sometimes they even throw in FREE breadsticks.) I go to the 99 cent store & buy a bag of spinach or Sprouts if they're out. And get a couple of zuchinni which I slice in long thin strips (just like spagetti only no bad carbs;)

At home I cook some spagetti noodles, steam the spinach, and saute the zuchinni strips in a teaspoon of butter covered.

*Left over hamburger buns or hotdog buns (which I throw in the freezer)can be spread w/butter & sprinkle garlic powder on and toast in oven broiler.

Make a delicious salad, serve the spagetti sauce over spagetti noodles, topped with zuchinni, & spinach and it's just like eating @ The Olive Garden!

Feeds a family of four for only $3.95 that's "Italian Economic Eating"!

Any ideas of how your stretch your food dollar$$$?

No comments:

Post a Comment